Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Weekend Getaway: Miami

I just returned from a great weekend getaway in Miami.  My husband travels for work quite a bit, and I finally decided to tag along on a business trip.

I consider traveling to fall into one of two categories - - - a cultural experience, where one has a desire to see all of the museums/landmarks/neighborhoods etc., and the mindless relaxation trip, where fulfillment literally comes with sitting in a lounge chair and reading a book and listening to music. I guess there can be some crossovers (my weekend in Nice tacked onto my Paris trip this year), but for the most part I think it's one or the other. And with Miami for me falling into the latter category, five highlights . . .


lounging poolside at our hotel the Fontainebleau *happy place*

the gorgeous Bleau Bar at Fontainebleau. the entire hotel is so glam! 
craft beers, gourmet burgers  at the casual Burger & Beer Joint 
raw tapas meu at the new Bar Crudo

and of course, quality time with the hubby!

We also dined at the steakhouse Prime One Twelve - delicious (too absorbed in my NY strip to take a photo!)  Now, back to the grind here in NYC.  It started raining the minute I needed to leave the pool yesterday, which I thought was a sign that Miami was sad I left!  :)

XOXO,
The New York Newlywed

No comments:

Post a Comment