Wednesday, October 2, 2013

First Decorating Inspiration: House Beautiful March 2010


the inspiration!

While I have always been interested in home decor, I think I really got serious about it when my now husband and I moved into our first apartment together.  A spacious (well, NYC standards spacious) one bedroom, with only the furniture that I brought from my studio apartment.  White walls that echoed.  About a month later, I picked up the March 2010 issue of House Beautiful magazine, their spring color issue entitled "all about blue."  The house featured on the cover, and in one of the house tours, struck a cord with me.  I wanted my apartment to look just like this home!

more pictures below . . . 

I loved this bedroom the most - the glamourous Hollywood Regency style, with a serene, shiny, pale blue palette.  The rest of the home had a similar sophistication to it, and I just loved it.  

I'll save a future post for how I've used my "original" inspiration choosing pieces throughout the last few years for my home.  Do you have an inspiration that you always return to for decorating? Something that really started your passion to put together a beautiful home?

gold damask! matching lamps!

symmetry! blue walls!  textured patterned rug!

chandelier

XOXO,
The New York Newlywed

PS - I still have that issue of House Beautiful, in mint condition in my stack of "must keep forever magazines" :)


No comments:

Post a Comment