Tuesday, September 10, 2013

DIY #1 : Pelmet Boxes

Long time no blogging . . .  let's try this one again.

the before


My kitchen/sunroom/dining nook is in desperate need of window treatments! A few challenges though . . .


(1) Radiators below the window sill so no floor length curtains
(2) There are 4 windows total, one has the AC, and one is angled in the middle
(3) I don't want to hide the view to the outside or any of the sunlight

After searching apartment therapy and pinterest, I found this idea for DIY pelmet boxes on apartment therapy (surprising from The Little Green Notebook, a blog I read all the time).  I had no idea what pelmet boxes were before, and I think this should work perfectly as treatment for this space.  I went a little crazy afterwards on Pinterest looking up other pelmet box inspiration, check it out!


Looks I've got a new weekend craft project . . .  stay tuned for the after results!

XOXO,

The New York Newlywed

No comments:

Post a Comment